bioMérieux – First-Half 2016 Results31 August, 2016
- Strong growth in sales, up 10.9% at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation:
- €1,001 million in sales
- Up 7.2% as reported
- Sharp 22% improvement in contributive operating income before non-recurring items, as robust sales momentum offset the negative currency effect
- 2016 financial targets revised:
- Organic sales growth could end the year at or above the higher end of the previously targeted 6.0% to 8.0% range.
- Full-year contributive operating income before non-recurring items is now expected to come in at around the top of the initially targeted €265 million to €290 million range.
Alexandre Mérieux, Chief Executive Officer, said: "Backed by its expanded business portfolio and broad global market footprint, bioMérieux has accelerated its organic sales growth and improved its operating margins. Based on these good results, management now believes that the Group will meet the upper range of the targets set for the year, while continuing to effectively invest to support its long-term strategy."
Marcy l'Etoile, August 31, 2016 – The Board of Directors of bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, met on August 30 under the chairmanship of Jean-Luc Belingard and approved the consolidated financial statements for the six months ended June 30, 2016. The statements had been reviewed by the Statutory Auditors.