bioMérieux – First-Quarter 2021 Business Review27 April, 2021
bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, today releases its business review for the three months ended March 31, 2021.
- First-quarter organic growth of 16.5% at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation : €845 million in sales, up 9.9% as reported.
- Molecular biology up 19% over the quarter, with a slowdown in BIOFIRE® respiratory panels’ demand in the US at period end
- Strong 28% growth in Immunoassays, driven by COVID-related and certain emergency assays, combined with a confirmed recovery in routine parameters
- Solid 14% growth in Industrial Applications, Microbiology returns to growth
- 2021 Outlook: first-half and full-year 2021 sales guidance adjusted slightly, as the improvement in the health situation in the US is reducing demand for BIOFIRE® respiratory panels.
Alexandre Mérieux, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said: “In a persistently uncertain business environment, consolidated sales are growing more than 16% in the first quarter of 2021. However, the health situation is still evolving and giving rise to very unpredictable trends prompting us to update our outlook. Nevertheless, we are confident in our strategy focus on infectious diseases through diverse applications and a broad geographic footprint.”